A Free Lance Writer for Hire. With a unique style and tone, SLMcGinnis keeps her readers coming back for more.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Another Lovely Poem "Thank You"

Thank you, I can say it now with a smile and truly mean it

Through it all people grow, change, and learn how to live a life worth living

Everything has a season, it comes and it goes

So now I say, thank you, I suppose

Thank you for helping me learn
Thank you for opening my mind to the world around me

And finally all of my fears unwind as the shroud of self-doubt I once hid behind melts to something warm, light and full

I find something unknown to me, a startling peace
And this feeling, it truly frees

I hope you smile, laugh, and dance in joy
It's funny seeing it now in my mind's eye

And you'll have no idea the toil, the trouble I fought to put these words upon paper
But it's worth it
Because every single word is for you

So thank you for opening my heart, my love, my life
Thank you for showing me how to trust and smile again

You're by my side and know that I am by yours

I know to trust your light, your warmth, and your love

Thank you for extending the hand that gave me warmth, a place to call safe and a place to know love

You've opened the world for something around me that I can only explain as brilliant and bright
You've left this world, once black and white, full of color and laughter even in the midst of hardships and sorrow

Know as I write this I'm smiling, a smile you've taught me to love, a smile you gave back to me in the depth of darkness
This fight is well won

You carried me to the line, shown me the path, and worked something beautiful that not only I can see
Now it's my turn, to stand on my own two feet, and walk across that line

And I know that you're there walking hand in hand with me, waiting for me to fall or stumble
And I know that I'm ready

A little girl once lost is now found,
She’s become a woman and her life is one dreamed of in fairy tales

You taught a little girl she is worth it and that in her life there are people who will need her much in the way she has needed you

She doesn't stumble much now but she looks to you with smiles and joy because even though the darkness lingers it can never become a part of her soul

So this is not the last thank you but the first of many
  A thank you for your compassion and kindness
    A thank you for your light and guidance
      A thank you for fighting when all had stopped
        A thank you to for all you are, all you will be, and all you have been

            Thank you, and know I love you for showing me, me




I chose to share this particular poem today to express my gratitude. I'm learning, at this point in my life, how to be grateful for the things, and people in my life. I wrote this poem for an important man in my life who has opened my eyes to a lot of the world around me. He brought me back from a pretty intense depression and did so with open arms and a smile. I haven't slipped into a depression that severe since his help, and I am so glad to have family on my side. While I've written a lot of poetry in my angsty, teenage years; this was the first thing I'd written as a full grown adult that had this much meaning. It's a simple thank you, but one that has all of my love and gratitude in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *